The dangers of lead paint
At RB Painting, We value safety as our number one priority on the job. Before any job is undertaken every home owner is issued a brochure on lead. It is the law in Massachusetts that every contractor provides one this brochure and it also makes the homeowner aware of the dangers that exist. We have simple yet effective measures put in place that keeps you and your family from being exposed to these dangers.
Many houses we paint have layer upon layer of paint on the structure. In some cases, there is lead in the paint so contaminant is always going to be an issue. Since the homes are usually occupied during restoration, We use products that are environmentally safe, fume-free and wont damage the wood that can contain lead while removing the layers of paint. In general Scraping will be the main solution to removing the layers of old paint however in extreme cases we will use peel away 1. Peel away 1 is a an effective paint stripper but it is also environmentally friendly and it also doesn’t create any harmful dust which is vital in easing our customers minds.
Protecting your property
We understand that being clean on the job is vital in protecting your property and in causing as little disruption to your daily life as possible. We take the following measures in order to achieve our goal of being clean and protecting your property while on the job:
- We cleanup up everyday ensuring all debris is cleared away.
- We keep your home and surroundings clutter free and prevent our materials and tools from falling into the wrong hands or being misused while we are not on the work site by using a trailer to store all our tools.
- We are fully insured so you can rest easy knowing we carry all the insurance necessary to assume liability on the job.
Our employees are trained in how to safely use the proper equipment & materials and take the correct measures in minimizing there exposure to lead. Our employees routinely follow measures to minimize their risk and create a safe working environment job such as:
- Lead free zone on the job
- Proper cleaning procedures before eating, coming in contact with others and leaving the work site.
- We are trained in the correct positioning of ladders staging and the use of boom lifts on big buildings where harnesses are required.
- We wear protective clothing & face masks if necessary depending on the job.
- Eat and Drink fluids regularly to avoid dehydration & exhaustion.